GoAhead Web Server
The GoAhead Web Server is the world's most popular embedded web server. It is a fast, compact and simple to use. GoAhead is deployed in hundreds of millions of devices and is ideal for all kinds of embedded devices and applications.
Try the new 3.0 today!
Questions and Answers
Why is Embedthis Software supporting and distributing the GoAhead Web Server?
The GoAhead Web Server was originally written by Michael O'Brien CEO of Embedthis and it remains a very popular to this day. With the acquisition of GoAhead by Oracle, Oracle asked Embedthis to support existing GoAhead Web Server customers and to offer commercial licenses for the GoAhead Web Server.
How does the GoAhead Web Server compare with Appweb?
The GoAhead Web Server is a simple, compact web server that has been widely ported to many embedded operating systems. Appweb is faster and more powerful — but requires more memory. If you need a very simple, low end web server and have little memory available, the GoAhead Web Server is ideal. If you need higher performance and extended security, then Appweb is the right choice.
This GoAhead Web Server is available under two licenses:
Open Source License
Embedthis provides the GoAhead Web Server with a branded open source license. There are four main requirements in order to use GoAhead in your product with the open source license:
- You must notify Embedthis prior to any shipment of product containing GoAhead
- You must prominently display the Embedthis GoAhead Logo on the initial page of your application.
- You grant Embedthis permission to identify your company as a user of GoAhead in conjunction with its own marketing efforts, including placing your company logo on Embedthis web sites.
- You agree to license back to Embedthis all modifications you make to GoAhead.
Please read the Goahead Webserver Open Source License for full details.
For those customers who do not wish to comply with the above open source license requirements, Embedthis offers a commercial license without the requirement to show the logo or license back modifications. Read the Licensing section for more detail or Contact email@example.com for details about the commercial license.
GoAhead Benefits and Features:
- Memory code size: 115K
- Standards compliant
- Only dependant on standard C runtime library.
- Traditional CGI support
- GoAactions for in-memory URI-to-function binding
Protocols and Standards
- HTTP 1.1
- Basic, Digest and Form authentication
- Role-based user authorization framework
- Session state storage
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Security Sandbox with DOS protection