Package Management Made Easy!
Embedthis Pak is a package manager for application components. Pak makes it
easy to retrieve, integrate and manage components for applications.
Unlike other package managers, Pak will automatically install and configure
downloaded packages — no more manual file installation each time you upgrade
Read why Pak is unique and perfect for your application.
Browse the Catalog
Pak can install packages from the
pak install npm:angular
pak install bower:angular
pak install angular
The Pak Catalog is a meta-catalog
that provides customized, integrated components that are designed work together.
Pak makes it easy to publish packs into the catalog and uses GitHub as the back-end
storage for packages.
Browse Pak Catalog
For more information about installing Paks from the command line, read
What's cool about Pak
- Install, list and uninstall packages into a local application
- Manages a local cache of retrieved packages
- Provides a global catalog to search for public paks
- Easy upgrading paks when new versions become available
- Automatically retrieves and installs dependant paks
- Supports the CommonJS package standard
- Supports the SemVer package versioning standard
- Supports GitHub as the primary pak storage repository
- Open source and free to use
- Local cache of paks supports fast offline use
- Can publish, modify and retract paks in the global catalog
- Web portal to manage your published paks
- Integrates with the Bower repository to seamlessly download Bower components
- Packages are described via a Package.json file that is compatible with nodejs
- Fast, fast, fast. Did I say fast?
Pak is open source, so you may log bugs and open issues on the
Pak Issue Database.
Want to help the Pak community as a contributing developer? You'll find Pak is very
easy to hack and extend.
Read about how to create patches and join the fun.
Pak Developers Only
4616 25th Ave NE, #733
Seattle, WA 98105, USA